Shetek Therapy Services is dedicated to the mission of providing high quality rehabilitative assistance to the communities it serves. Services include: Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy and Language/Speech Therapy.
What is Physical Therapy?
It is a form of health care that evaluates and treats people by using physical measures, therapeutic exercises, and rehabilitation procedures for the purpose of preventing, correcting, or alleviating a physical disability and pain. Physical Therapy can successfully treat
- People with arthritis
- Work Injuries
- Sports Injuries
- Chronic Back and Neck Pain
- Post-operative patients
- Stroke Patients
- People who need fitness programs
- Joint Injuries
- Problems walking
- Persons with neurological or muscle diseases
What is Occupational Therapy?
Occupational Therapy is a therapeutic intervention that evaluates and treats a person's capacity for independent functioning in daily activities requiring physical, social, and cognitive performance. Occupational Therapists can:
- Increase physical strength and endurance to maintain self-sufficiency
- Provide adaptive equipment to maintain or increase function
- Adapt the home for safety and efficiency
- Instruct in energy conservation and work simplification techniques to minimize fatigue
- Instruct in transfer and positioning techniques that improve safety and reduce caregiver effort.
- Provide treatment for chronic hand symptoms such as arthritis as well as acute hand injuries
- Adapt a workers' job and work environment to prevent repetitive motion injuries
What is Speech/Language Therapy?
Speech and language pathologists evaluate and perform corrective or compensatory interventions for conditions including:
- Speech problems such as word finding and slurred speech
- Cognitive impairment
- Communication problems
- Swallowing impairment
How do I start Therapy?
Contact your Doctor for a referral form or call any of the three Shetek Therapy Services facilities for more information.
Shetek Therapy 5K Run/Walk
Annual event will be held during the Health Fair on Saturday July 20, 2013. Race registration begins at 7:30 am with race start at 8:30 am along the Currie Bike Trail. Free T-shirts to all participants! Get addition information on the race by contacting Shetek Therapy Services at 507-274-5197 or email@example.com .
Sanford Tracy Medical Center Tracy, MN :: (507) 212-4168
Sanford Westbrook Medical Center Westbrook, MN :: (507) 274-5197
Murray County Memorial Hospital Slayton, MN :: (507) 836-6111 ext. 2240